Tuesday, November 18, 2008

The First Find . . .

My first weekend back in the garage saleing world was super exciting.  I hadn't been since high school when I would go with my mom once in a while.  My partner in crime was Lisa.  Our husbands are cousins and we live in the same complex so it is very convenient and she is very kind to wake up before 7am on her days off to accompany me on these little adventures!  The first sale we headed to was fairly small, but I found a beautiful water globe nativity that hadn't even been opened and I got it for $2! (Russell and I collect nativity scenes)  I'll show you that one closer to Christmas when I put it out to decorate.
The next thing I found is my favorite one yet! (and Russell's too)  
Take a look . . . 

Okay I know it isn't that exciting to look at but it is PERFECT for a toy basket in my living room.  ALL the girls' toys fit into it so now the area in front of my fireplace looks so neat and tidy instead of having toys and small, insufficient baskets strewn about in front of it.
Ahh.  Look at all those toys resting peacefully and contained.  It's a beautiful site.  I got this huge sturdy basket for $5!
That day I also bought a couple of cute square-shaped shelves and 2 large sets of Stampin' it Up! stamps all for $5!
I am ecstatic because my mom is coming this weekend and we are going to go garage saleing together saturday morning! Hopefully it's a successful trip!

No comments: